Back End Software EngineerView More Jobs
Localytics offers the most comprehensive analytics and marketing platform for mobile, apps and web, giving brands the tools they need to create great mobile experiences for their customers. We’re proud to have many of the largest and most respected publishers as customers, including AT&T, Dow Jones, eBay, Fox, Salesforce, Microsoft, Qualcomm, Rue La La, The New York Times and thousands more.
We’re growing rapidly and adding positions in multiple functional areas. Our culture and size give everyone the opportunity to make a substantial impact and grow and succeed with the company. If you’re interested in joining us, please send an email explaining why you are a perfect fit for our team, your desired position, and your résumé.
About This Position
Localytics is seeking a talented back-end software engineer to join our team. The candidate will work on our data processing pipeline and internal APIs which handle hundreds of gigabytes every day from millions of phones. This is a chance to work on challenges of scale in a motivated, fast growing team. This is an important role that will have a significant impact on the direction of our product and technology.
- Design, implement, test and deploy data processing infrastructure
- Research and assess the viability of new processing and data storage technologies
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Bachelors in Computer Science / related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with some or all of the following: Amazon Web Services, Analytics, Big Data, Chef, Distributed Systems, Hadoop, MongoDB, Scala
- A focus on scaling horizontally rather than vertically
- Passion for and ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- A DevOps mindset toward test / deployment automation
- Strong knowledge of Unix / Linux based systems
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- An understanding of data structures
- Ability to reason about performance tradeoffs
We value passion and ability over experience, so while we are looking for candidates who have a background in big data and distributed systems, we are willing to invest in a team member with a passion for learning.
Competitive Salary, Benefits and Stock Options
If you’re interested in joining us, please send an email explaining why you are a perfect fit for our team, your desired position, and your résumé.