One of the unique aspects of mobile is that users always have their devices with them. Places lets you take advantage of this by sending users content that’s personalized to their current location. With Places, you can use geofences to send push notifications to users the instant they enter or exit a specific location. Additionally, you can analyze data on physical locations, giving you access to insights that have never before been available.
Here are just some of the ways you can use Places:
How it Works
At the heart of Places are geofences. A geofence is a virtual fence that’s placed around a real-world location. They can range in size from very small (encircling a small store) to very large (covering an entire city). Most often, geofences are placed around specific buildings or other points of interest.
Places can support up to 10,000 geofences and you can quickly batch-upload locations. Once you’ve added at least one geofence to Places, you can start gathering mobile app analytics and building real-time push notification campaigns.
Building a campaign with Places is easy:
Choose an audience. You can have your campaign get sent to everyone who enters/exits a location or you can limit the campaign to specific groups of users for truly personalized mobile engagement.
Build your message. Use A/B/n testing to see how different messages perform.
Choose which geofences you want to include in your campaign. Labels make it easy to group together multiple locations. Using labels, you can add hundreds of locations to a campaign with a single click.
Schedule your campaign to start and end immediately or at a specific date and time.
Activate your campaign and you’re done!
- Fully integrated part of the Localytics platform. No additional SDKs, dashboards, or vendors required
- Uses a combination of GPS, WiFi and cell towers for the most accurate location possible
- Create up to 10,000 geofences
- Geofences work even if a user doesn’t have your application open
- Organize your geofences using labels. With labels, you can add hundreds of related geofences to a campaign with one click
- Negligible impact on battery life
- Send real-time app push notifications to users the instant they enter or exit a geofence
- Include as many geofences as you want in each campaign
- Messages are stored on a user’s device, ensuring instant delivery even if they don’t have a cell signal
- Build audiences based on which geofences a user has entered/exited in the past
- Distinct messaging and analytics capabilities: capture geofencing analytics without sending a message and vice versa
- Collect data on your geofences (foot traffic, dwell time, and more)
- Add up to ten custom attributes to your geofences. Use these for highly detailed analysis.