Users always have their devices with them.
Places let’s you take advantage of this by sending users content that’s personalized to their current location. With Places, you can send push notifications to users the instant they enter or exit a specific location, even if they don’t have your app open. Additionally, you can analyze data on physical locations, giving you access to insights and geotargeting capabilities that have never before been available.
Here Are Some Ways You Can Use Places
Send location-based push messages to specific audiences the instant they approach or leave a geofence
Geotarget your push, in-app, or inbox campaigns to reach users who have been at a specific location in the past
How it Works
At the heart of Places are geofences. A geofence is a virtual fence that’s placed around a real-world location. They can range in size from very small (encircling a small store) to very large (covering an entire city). Most often, geofences are placed around specific buildings or other points of interest.
Places can support up to 10,000 geofences and you can quickly batch-upload locations. Once you’ve added at least one geofence to Places, you can start viewing analytics and building location-based mobile marketing campaigns.
Building a Location-Based Campaign with Places is Easy
Choose an Audience
You can have your campaign get sent to everyone who enters/exits a location or you can limit the campaign to specific groups of users for truly personalized mobile engagement.
Build Your Message
Use A/B/n testing to see how different messages perform.
Choose which geofences you want to include in your campaign. Labels make it easy to group together multiple locations. Using labels, you can add hundreds of geofences to a campaign with a single click.
Manually control your campaign or set it to automatically start and stop at a specific date and time.
Activate your campaign and you’re done!
- Fully integrated part of the Localytics platform. No additional SDKs, dashboards, or vendors required
- Uses a combination of GPS, WiFi and cell towers for the most accurate location possible
- Create up to 10,000 geofences
- Geofences work even if a user doesn’t have your application open
- Organize your geofences using labels.With labels, you can add hundreds of related geofences to a campaign with one click
- Negligible impact on battery life
- Send real-time location-based messages to users the instant they enter or exit a geofence
- Include as many geofences as you want in each campaign
- Messages are stored in user’s device, ensuring instant delivery even if they don’t have a cell signal
- Build audiences based on which geofences a user has entered/exited in the past
- Distinct messaging and analytics capabilities: capture geofencing analytics without sending a location-based message and vice versa
- Collect data on your geofences (foot traffic, dwell time, and more)
- Add up to ten custom attributes to your geofences. Use these for highly detailed analysis